The classroom is one of the most important spaces for young minds to develop and become inspired.
Education isn’t only about math, grammar, and science; it also involves life lessons that can help students become aware of the world around them and be prepared for what life has to possibly offer.
Teachers, of course, play a key role in a student’s life. They can be a role model, an advisor, a coach, and help promote positive growth.
Because students spend so much of their time in a classroom environment, it is important that it is an inspiring, positive space where children and teens can be their best selves and complete their best work.
For many parents and teachers, it can be hard to find the right words at the right time. And, there’s no shame in not having all the right answers all the time.
Fortunately, there are many thought-provoking quotes by famous, and not so famous figures, that can help inspire not only students, but also ourselves.
By displaying posters of motivational quotes in the classroom, the environment can automatically become a more positive one where students like to be.
In today’s post, we are going to take a look at our favorite classroom quotes from authors, innovators, leaders, and other important figures throughout history.
We hope these quotes will leave a mark on any students who come across them. Whether they be about dreaming big, working hard, or reading more, these motivational quotes are a sure-fire way to inspire curious, young minds.
The Very Best Classroom Quotes To Inspire Students Today
Back To School
We will start with quotes about going back to school. For students and teachers alike, going back to the classroom after a long break can be challenging.
But, these quotes will hopefully motivate and help anyone persevere through any obstacles they may face.
1. “Education is our passport to the future, for tomorrow belongs to the people who prepare for it today.” – Malcolm X
2. “Your education is a dress rehearsal for a life that is yours to lead.” – Nora Ephron
3. “There may be people that have more talent than you, but there’s no excuse for anyone to work harder than you do.” – Derek Jeter
4. “Fortune does favor the bold, and I promise that you will never know what you’re capable of unless you try.” – Sheryl Sandberg
5. “The beginning is the most important part of the work.” – Plato
6. “Let us remember: One book, one pen, one child, and one teacher can change the world.”- Malala Yousafzai
7. “You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them.” – Michael Jordan
8. “You miss 100% of the shots you never take.” – Wayne Gretzky
9. “You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” – C.S. Lewis
10. “If it doesn’t challenge you, it doesn’t change you.” – Fred DeVito
First Day Of School
For anyone, the first day of school is a scary time. Whether it’s a student starting for the first time or a teacher beginning a new job, it is a nerve racking feeling.
But, hopefully these quotes will inspire yourself and anyone who needs some courage for a wonderful year of learning ahead.
11. “You cannot dream of becoming something you do not know about. You have to learn to dream big. Education exposes you to what the world has to offer, to the possibilities open to you.” – Sonia Sotomayor
12. “A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.” – Sun Tzu
13. “The only impossible journey is the one you never begin.” – Anthony Robbins
14. “Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.” – Arthur Ashe
15. “The key to life is to develop an internal moral, emotional G.P.S. that can tell you which way to go.” – Oprah
16. “You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose.”- Dr. Seuss
17. “The most important day of a person’s education is the first day of school, not Graduation Day.” – Harry Wong
18. “I’ve always loved the first day of school better than the last day of school. Firsts are best because they are beginnings.” – Jenny Han
19. “You’re off to great places. Today is your first day! Your mountain is waiting, so get on your way!” – Dr. Seuss
20. “Today is the first day of the rest of your life.” – Charles Dederich
A lot goes on in high school. It can be a tumultuous time for most of us but it can also be one of the best times in life. Check out these high school classroom quotes to brighten any high school day.
21. “The roots of education are bitter, but the fruit is sweet.” – Aristotle
22. “What I remember most about high school are the memories I created with my friends.” – J. J. Watt
23. “Do. Or do not. There is no try.” – Yoda
24. “Education is the passport to the future, for tomorrow belongs to those who prepare for it today.” – Malcolm X
25. “Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.”– Thomas A. Edison
26. “The difference between a stumbling block and a stepping stone is how high you raise your foot.” – Benny Lewis
27. “High school is neither a democracy nor a dictatorship – nor, contrary to popular belief, an anarchic state. High school is a divine-right monarchy. And when the queen goes on vacation, things change.” – John Green
28. “High school is what kind of grows you into the person you are. I have great memories, good and bad, some learning experiences and some that I’ll take with me the rest of my life.” – Giancarlo Stanton
29. “By the end of high school I was not of course an educated man, but I knew how to try to become one.” – Clifton Fadiman
30. “The biggest adventure you can take is to live the life of your dreams.” – Oprah Winfrey
Middle school is another challenging time for many students.
But, with the following quotes on bulletin boards and in the classroom, you can remind each student that they are capable of anything they dream of, whoever they are and whatever their background.
31. “But the more we all stuck together, the more outside layers fell off, revealing that we all have insecurities, fears, and dreams. And that’s perfectly normal. That’s how God made us.” – Allyson Kennedy
32. “Middle school has many complex tunnels, some are underground.” – Alexandra Contreras-Montesano
33. “Middle school is kind of like Middle-earth. It’s a magical journey filled with elves, dwarves, hobbits, queens, kings, and a few corrupt wizards.
Word to the wise: pick your traveling companions well. Ones with the courage and moral fiber to persevere. Ones who wield their lip gloss like magic wands when confronted with danger.
This way, when you pass through the congested hallways rife with pernicious diversion, you achieve your desired destination—or at least your next class.” – Kimberly Dana
34. “Perhaps what matters when all is said and done is not who puts us down but who picks us up.” – Kate DiCamillo
35. “Reading is like breathing in, writing is like breathing out.” – Unknown
Students will go through periods of feeling unmotivated and discouraged, so here are some truly motivational quotes to help them get back into first gear.
36. “There may be days when you’ll say to yourself, ‘I can’t. I literally can’t even.’ But you can! You can even!” – Katie Couric
37. “Dreams are lovely. But they are just dreams. Fleeting, ephemeral, pretty. But dreams do not come true just because you dream them. It’s hard work that makes things happen. It’s hard work that creates change.” – Shonda Rhimes
38. “Intelligence plus character—that is the goal of true education.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
39. “I’m a greater believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it.” – Thomas Jefferson
40. “It is better to be a failure at something you love than to be a success at something you hate.” – George Burns
School doesn’t have to be serious all the time. These couple of quotes can help students look at the brighter, funnier side of life when things start to get a little too serious.
41. “Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.” – Thomas Edison
42. “The most important thing we learn at school is that the most important things can’t be learned at school.” – Haruki Murakami
These classroom quotes are a great way to make a positive impact on students. Try them out today and see how pupils react. We’re pretty sure they’ll help in more ways than one!
- The Absolute Best Chapter Books For Kindergarten - April 24, 2023
- 11 Best Price Is Right Games For The Classroom To Try Today - April 21, 2023
- How To Correct A Poor Pencil Grip: Activities To Improve Pencil Control - April 21, 2023